Sunday, November 23, 2008

I AM "BABY JESUS"!!!!!

I’M FREE!!!!! I finally got out of the Psych Ward of Sibley. Thanks to everyone who visited me in that boring place. While at the hospital, I encountered some interesting people. Being the youngest one there was a bit daunting considering once they put me on the drugs I as feeling normal and was a bit creeped out. I saw a side of society that I probably wouldn't see normally. Ironically, I can relate this to poverty and justice. I will admit I can in with some preconceived notions about the people in the ward. Sadly, I was mostly right. Some of the people were really nice and let me be, but this one lady would not leave me alone. I was trying to read my articles for my economics paper but she decided to it next to me and tried to talk to me. Half of what came out of her mouth was gibberish but decided to call me “baby.” I don’t know why but she did. Then I became “Baby Jesus.” By the end of the day she was calling me “Baby Jesus” and following me around. If it wasn’t for the nurses, I would have been stalked by some lady who obviously needed to be there. But that’s now behind me, so its time to get back on track.

The Museum of the American Indian was interesting. Two levels of gift shops, thats a bit much even for a free museum. But besides that I found the exhibits interesting and informative, even though I wasn’t at my best that day. The food court was good but very expensive. But if I didn’t leave when I did, I wouldn’t have seen the president of Bolivia. I was maybe 10 feet away from him in the lobby. Pretty amazing experience if you ask me. This week was long and rough but I have come out for the better. Hopefully this week goes better with Black Friday and all the amazing sales to look forward to.

No comments: