Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reflection 12

I was excited to go to the Native American Museum because that was one of the few museums that I hadn’t been to before. Overall, I thought it was a good museum. I really liked the exhibits and thought they had a lot of good information. I was surprised how big it was and going through it with everyone was fun.

Now for what we did in class this week. I think I liked this weeks simulation better than any of the other ones we’ve done. I thought the idea of a trial was a good one. Although we didn’t actually put Cortes on trail I thought it was a good learning experience to be able to argue both sides even if you didn’t agree with your side since the groups were picked randomly. I also like that it forced us to not only use theouries of why Cortes should be guilty of crimes against humanity, but we had to find proof and prove to Jacquelyn that our argument was the best. In the end Cortes was found guilty which is the stance I would have taken.

No comments: