Sunday, November 16, 2008

P.A.DC

To be perfectly honest, I have nothing to reflect on. I did not attend the Prop 8 protest like almost everyone else on this floor. I spent that day sleeping and playing Fallout 3. I guess I can talk about the activity we did on Friday in class. I think that the group in charge did a good job and I enjoyed the activity. The point of the activity was clear and I understood what happens when a country or person has little resources and has to completely change its priorities. I know that after my parent’s divorce, my mom and dad had to completely rearrange their resources to keep afloat. After 5 years, they are still not settled and are still adapting to keep themselves, my siblings, and me afloat. Without scholarships, I wouldn’t be here right now. Anyway poverty is a no-win situation. Even the tinniest thing can ruin the equilibrium so carefully established.

Lastly before I end, I would like to thank everyone for their support when I was feeling down this week. I truly appreciate all your support. Thank You. So to end this week on a lighter note, while playing Fallout 3 (which conveniently takes place in a post-apocalyptic Washington, DC), I noticed all the landmarks, but also how the characters are fighting to survive in the “Capital Wasteland.” This just goes to show that even the Great USA could possibly go under.

No comments: