Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reflection

The simulation we did made me think a lot about my own views regarding regulation by the government and globalization. Before the experiment I didn't really relate to the Sierra club's point of view, mostly because I thought their views completly disregarded a concern for the economy. However, I really believe that we can help the U.S. economy while helping the enviroment. By getting rid of the tariffs and passing legislation that forces American car manufacturers to make more fuel efficient cars, the U.S. will become more competitive in the auto industry. The more competitive American car manufacturers become the better off we will be. This is beacause cars will eventually be able to be made and sold cheaper here, and we won't have to rely on other countries. By making more of the cars in the United States, jobs stay here instead of being shipped overseas. More people will want to buy American cars because they will be helping themselves by buying them. The money people save by buying American cars will then be reinvested into the American economy. This way the U.S. would be able to have a stronger economy, that doesn't rely on other countries, and help decrease negative gas emissions into the atmosphere. If there is a way the government can build a strong economy and help the enviroment I think it should seriously be considered.
...and I would also like to second Sydney's recomendation on the movie...I liked it a lot:)

No comments: